Annealing is a metal heat treatment process, refers to the metal slowly heated to a certain temperature, to maintain sufficient time, and then cooling at the appropriate speed. The aim is to reduce hardness, improve cutting machinability, eliminate residual stress, stabilize size, reduce deformation and crack tendency, refine grains, adjust tissue, eliminate tissue defects. To be exact, annealing is a heat treatment process for materials, including metallic materials and non-metallic materials.
Annealing can be homogeneous material of the tissue and composition, improve material performance or prepare for later heat treatment.
In production, the annealing process is widely used. According to the purpose of annealing for workpiece, there are many kinds of technical specifications, such as complete annealing, spherical annealing, and stress annealing.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Development history of galvanized steel sheet
- Use of color galvanized steel coils
- PVDF Material of PREPAINTED GALVANIZED STEEL
- Cold rolled black steel plate is a steel plate ...
- Hot Dip galvanizing is an effective method of m...
- Forming process of hot dip galvanizing layer
- Color steel plate has many advantages
- Common paints for colored steel plates
- Galvanized can be rust-proof and beautiful
- Excellent properties of aluminum-galvanized ste...